In Thursday news Rasheem Dunn (St John’s) did not play due to being in concussion protocol after an injury on Wednesday. Jalen Wilson (Kansas) got the start and scored 11 points in their season-opener after missing much of last season due to injury. Taylor Funk (St. Joseph’s) also started after missing much of last season and had 28 points against Auburn.
Jaden Ivey (Purdue) did not play Thursday after suffering a foot injury (and scoring 12 points) on Wednesday, while Jay Heath (Boston College) was not able to go Thursday after scoring 16 points in their opener. Gavin Baxter (BYU) went down with a knee injury on Thursday night and was not expected to return to the game.
(Injuries & Updates in the first section, Transfers down below.)
Injuries and Updates from Nov 26:
- Gavin Baxter, BYU – appeared to suffer a knee injury in the first half on Thursday, will be getting an MRI
- Ian Boyd, George Mason – is taking a leave of absence from the program for personal reasons
- Julian Champagnie, St John’s – DNP, ankle, will be GTD on Monday
- Rasheem Dunn, St John’s – DNP, concussion protocol
- Taylor Funk, St. Joseph’s – started after missing most of last season
- Matt Haarms, BYU – unavailable again on Thursday
- Jermaine Harris, Rhode Island – DNP Thursday, hopeful to be available for USF
- Jay Heath, Boston College – out Thursday night (foot), was a late scratch
- Jaden Ivey, Purdue – out Thursday night with a foot injury he aggravated on Wed.
- Charles Manning, LSU – did not play Thur night, one report said he was not dressed out on the sideline
- Jarren McAllister, VCU – has not played yet this season as he is battling/recovering from knee injuries
- Jalen Wilson, Kansas – started in season debut after only playing two games before injury last season
Transfer Updates from Nov 26: