A notable name in the transfer portal was Javan Johnson (Iowa State, 9.7 ppg). He started 18 of 21 game last season and averaged 29.6 minutes per game, third most on the team. Johnson would likely be considered the most high-impact transfer to enter the portal the entire month of August. Fletcher Abee (The Citadel, 12.4) also entered the portal.
Announcing transfer destinations were Jordan Brooks (Iona to Kansas State).
(Injuries & Updates in the first section, Transfers down below.)
Injuries and Updates from Aug 28-31:
- Dylan Addae-Wusu, St John’s – reported to have had surgery for bone chips in his ankle, expected back for the season opener – 6.5 ppg
- Gavin Baxter, BYU – fully cleared for the fall (ACL)
- Connor Crabtree, Richmond – fully cleared for the fall (foot)
- Ray Salnave, UMBC – DePaul transfer receives waiver to be eligible this season
- Nick Sherod, Richmond – limited right now but expected to be cleared for season (ACL)
- Myles Tate, Butler – cleared for running (ACL)
- Aaron Thompson, Butler – cleared for non-contact work (shoulder)
Transfer Updates from Aug 28-31:
- Fletcher Abee, The Citadel – enters the portal – 12.4 ppg
- Jordan Brooks, Iona – transfers to Kansas State as a walk-on
- Trey Harris, Indiana Hills CC – transfers to Kansas State as a walk-on
- Javan Johnson, Iowa State – enters the portal – 9.7 ppg