As we get close to fall practices resuming the updates on players with injuries from last season began to pickup over the last few days. The most impactful likely being that Texas’ Dylan Disu, a Vanderbilt transfer, is almost fully cleared as he recovers from a knee injury. Disu started all 17 games he played in last season before the injury, averaging 15.0 ppg and 9.2 rebounds. In addition Richmond’s Nick Sherod is fully cleared after missing all of last season with an ACL injury, Sherod has averaged 11.5 ppg over four seasons with the Spiders.
I also did some digging on players who had entered the portal but I had not seen updates on, producing some of the additional transfer news, most of which came from players personal twitter accounts as well as 2021-22 team rosters posted online (so these transfer updates may not have just happened in the last couple days).
Announcing transfer destinations were KC Ndefo (withdrew from portal, will return to Saint Peter’s), Braelee Albert (Vanderbilt to Tulane), Daniss Jenkins (Pacific to Odessa JC), and Randy Miller (Indiana State to NC Central).
(Injuries & Updates in the first section, Transfers down below.)
Injuries and Updates from Sept 22-23:
- Quincy Allen, Colorado – hip surgery to sideline freshman for the season
- Dedric Boyd, Tennessee State – Illinois State transfer is eligible this season – 7.0 ppg
- Jordan Brown, Louisiana – Arizona transfer is eligible this season – 9.4 ppg
- Kenny Cooper, Tennessee State – Western Kentucky transfer is eligible this season – 2.6 ppg
- LJ Cryer, Baylor – expected back the latter part of October (foot surgery)
- Dylan Disu, Texas – is “almost” fully cleared for all basketball activities (knee)
- Antwann Jones, Louisiana – Creighton transfer is eligible this season – 3.4 ppg
- Nick Sherod, Richmond – fully cleared for season (ACL)
- Bourama Sidibe, Syracuse – fully cleared for the fall (knee)
- Aaron Thompson, Butler – close to being fully cleared (shoulder)
Transfer Updates from Sept 22-23:
- Braelee Albert, Vanderbilt – transfers to Tulane (late August) – 1.0 ppg
- Daniss Jenkins, Pacific – transfers to Odessa JC – 12.2 ppg
- Randy Miller, Indiana State – transfers to NC Central – 6.4 ppg
- KC Ndefo, Saint Peter’s – withdraws from transfer portal and returns – 13.0 ppg
- Alpha Okoli, St Bonaventure – transfers to Cal State East Bay (early Sept) – 1.7 ppg
- Tavian Percy, Weber State – transfers to Lincoln Memorial – 5.0 ppg
In Other News: