Javan Johnson, one of the most high-profile players still in the transfer portal, announced he will transfer to DePaul. Johnson began his career playing two seasons at Troy, then transferred to Iowa State where he sat out a season then averaged 9.7 ppg in ’20-21, playing 29.6 minutes per game.
Fall practice starts this week along with many teams having opening of camp media sessions, so I’d anticipate getting more updates on the status of previous injuries, transfer waiver updates, players unexpectedly not returning to teams, as well as news of injuries that occurred over the summer. Along those lines, Will McClendon (UCLA) was announced to be out for the season with a torn ACL, and Seneca Knight is eligible at BYU, after previous stops at San Jose State and LSU. Knight never played for LSU after a midyear transfer from SJSU, but his best season at San Jose was ’19-20 when he averaged 17.1 ppg.
Announcing transfer destinations were Javan Johnson (Iowa State to DePaul), Luke Brown (Stetson to Ball State) and Ivan Raut (Fordham to Palm Beach Atlantic).
(Injuries & Updates in the first section, Transfers down below.)
Injuries and Updates from Sept 24-27:
- Kyle Cuffe, Kansas – had arthroscopic knee surgery, will be out a few weeks
- Logan Duncomb, Indiana – had a strained shoulder earlier in preseason but is practicing full now
- Seneca Knight, BYU – San Jose State/LSU transfer is eligible to play this season – 9.3 ppg
- Jarren McAllister, VCU – back full-go this season, torn ACL
- Will McClendon, UCLA – out for the season, torn ACL
- Darius McNeill, UTSA – SMU transfer is eligible to play this season – 7.3 ppg
- Jose Perez, Manhattan – Marquette transfer is eligible to play this season – 3.1 ppg
Transfer Updates from Sept 24-27:
- Luke Brown, Stetson – transfers to Ball State
- Javan Johnson, Iowa State – transfers to DePaul – 9.7 ppg
- Ivan Raut, Fordham – transfers to Palm Beach Atlantic – 0.8 ppg
See For Yourself: