In injury news, Pelle Larsson (Arizona, transfer from Utah) has a broken bone in his foot and his return for the start of the season is unclear, but Mekhi Mitchell (Rhode Island) is full-go after having knee surgery last season.
Announcing transfer destinations were Mike Peake (Austin Peay to New Mexico State) and Tuongthach Gatkek (Trinity Valley CC to Florida).
(Injuries & Updates in the first section, Transfers down below.)
Injuries and Updates from Aug 19-22:
- Allen Betrand, Rhode Island – remains limited after March knee surgery
- DJ Harvey, Detroit – Vanderbilt transfer is immediately eligible this season – 6.3 ppg
- Jeriah Horne, Tulsa – Colorado transfer is immediately eligible this season (returning to Tulsa, began career at Nebraska)- 10.8 ppg
- Pelle Larsson, Arizona – Utah transfer has a broken bone in his foot, timetable to return uncertain, potentially 8-12 weeks, could be back for season opener
- Walt McGrory, South Dakota – Wisconsin transfer has been diagnosed with bone cancer and will not compete this season
- Makhi Mitchell, Rhode Island – is back to full-go after knee surgery last season
- Wynston Tabbs, East Carolina – Boston College transfer is immediately eligible this season – 13.3 ppg
- Lance Thomas, South Alabama – Memphis transfer is immediately eligible this season – 2.1 ppg
Transfer Updates from Aug 19-22:
- Jimmy Bell, Saint Louis – transfers to Moberly Area JC (in July)- 1.9 ppg
- Tuongthach Gatkek, Trinity Valley CC – transfers to Florida – 9.7 ppg
- Mike Peake, Austin Peay – transfers to New Mexico State – 10.7 ppg, began career at Georgia