I break down the injury news from this past weekend with notes on each player who may have been dealing with injuries.
A few notes about this list, being on it does not for sure mean a player is “injured”, but rather:
- They may have missed the game due to a known injury (ok, this does mean they are injured), or missed the game for another stated reason
- They may have gone out of the game due to injury and not returned (sometimes with an official announcement from the team)
- They may have left the game but returned, or at least attempted to return (sometimes these guys end up banged up enough to miss future games)
- They may have had a vague twitter mention about possibly being injured or leaving a game, so it’s something on my radar
I’ll continue to post any updates I see during the week, those will be added to daily updates as well as the injury database.
The daily player update post, injury databases, depth charts and pregame posts moved to a premium content level in mid-August, to become a subscriber click Subscribe.
See the updates to potentially be watching for today including starting QB battles and player injury statuses to be aware of.
Following is every FBS team listed by conference with either the named QB starter (bolded), who the assumed starter will likely be based upon an established previous starter returning, or who the probable candidates are (although there are sure to be some surprises, including incoming freshman who may be underrepresented prior to getting some fall camp updates). Also included for each team are the last season QB stat leaders/those who got significant QB snaps for each team.
As teams officially name QB1s, release depth charts to start the season (usually within 1-2 weeks of first game), or significant injuries happen this list will be continually updated. Reminder – this list is only up until each team’s first game of 2021.
Listed by conference:
- Cincinnati – Desmond Ridder is back as the starter, Last Season: Desmond Ridder (186/281-2296-19, 592-12 rushing)
- East Carolina – Holton Ahlers returns as QB1, Last Season: Holton Ahlers (165/269-1927-18)
- Houston – Clayton Tune returns as QB1, Last Season: Clayton Tune (170/285-2048-15)
- Memphis – Arizona transfer Grant Gunnell seems like the frontrunner but first depth chart is Gunnell OR Seth Henigan (started with Gunnell injured week one) Last Season: Brady White has gone to the pros (254/420-3380-31)